We understand that the hectic pace of today’s society can often impede our path to better health, so we have partnered with Healthy Weight For Life to offer our members a trio of health and wellbeing programs.
Each of the Healthy Weight for Life programs are delivered by qualified health professionals and designed to be tailored to your needs – whether that’s to help get you in shape, to keep you out of hospital, to improve your physical and mental wellbeing or to facilitate a speedy recovery after hospitalisation.
The programs are fully-funded for eligible members.*
Healthy Weight for Life programs cater to:
Type 2 diabetes
Losing weight can make it easier to manage your blood glucose level. This, in turn, could help you reduce, or even eliminate, the need for diabetes medication.
Weight loss is heart protective. Benefits may include reduced blood pressure and improved cholesterol levels. You can also reduce your risk of developing other lifestyle-related diseases.
This program has been proven to alleviate symptoms of knee and hip osteoarthritis, by reducing the load and stress on joints, improving range of motion and relieving pain.
A short introduction to Osteoarthritis Healthy Weight For Life.
Checking your eligibility
Taking the first step
First stop for more information about the program eligibility criteria is right here, on the website. You can use this info as a first check to see if the program is suitable for your needs.
Checking your policy eligibility
Our friendly team are on hand to discuss your eligibility for your chosen program. Simply call 1300 937 838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Checking your clinical eligibility
Once we’ve confirmed your policy eligibility, we can organise for our program partners to contact you and confirm clinical eligibility and next steps.
We want you to focus on the most important thing – your health. If you have any other questions about the programs, reach out to our Health and Wellbeing team and we’ll be happy to help.
Each program is open to all financial Westfund members aged 18 or over, who have held hospital cover for at least 12 months, and who have been medically diagnosed with either:
- Type 2 diabetes
- A cardiovascular condition
- X-ray diagnosed osteoarthritis of the knee or hip, which your GP feels could benefit from a weight loss and strengthening program. (Because your symptoms warrant a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon for an investigation or evaluation for a joint replacement, you’re preparing for a replacement, or you’re experiencing problems with an existing replacement.)
- Have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 28
- Are under medical supervision and have approval from a medical practitioner to participate
- Have no allergies or intolerances to KicStart meal replacements
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding, or intending to become pregnant during the 18-week program
- Are willing to provide personal and medical data
- Have regular internet access and a personal email address
Members are eligible to register with Healthy Weight for Life once in their lifetime.
If you are a Westfund member, you can register for any of the programs online or by contacting Healthy Weight for Life on 1800 226 180 or email them at email@example.com. You can also complete the enquiry form below.